Mission Statement: To build and maintain a high level High School Lacrosse program focused on developing quality student athletes, and outstanding young men.
Core Values and Guiding Principles: Character, Integrity, Grit
- We believe in education, and will promote a high academic standard, encouraging our players to strive for excellence in the classroom and on the field.
- We believe that athletic competition is an ideal avenue to learn many “life lessons” that cannot be taught in a classroom and we take this responsibility to our athlete’s character development seriously.
- We will prioritize integrity and character over all else in our interactions, and will be positive role models for other students and members of the community at all times.
- We treat ourselves, teammates, coaches, parents, opponents, officials, and school staff with empathy, dignity, and respect at all times.
- We believe that there are Four Roles in any athletic contest, Player, Coach, Official, and Spectator. YOU can only be ONE of these at any given meeting. Stick to your role, and be the best you can be, without concern for anyone else’s role in the event.
Luke Hansen ~ Varsity Head Coach
Coach Hansen is entering his 9th season as part of the Summit staff and 7th year as the varsity head coach. Luke attended Faith Lutheran High School in Las Vegas, NV before attending Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, WA. At PLU Luke played four years of lacrosse, serving as team captain and earning All-Conference honors his senior year. Luke has coached the Summit program to a record of 57-17, earned HDLL Conference Coach of the Year in 2016 & 2017, and was named 2016 OHSLA Coach of the Year after leading the Storm to the OHSLA Final Four. Luke has coached three 1st team All-State players and has seen players graduate to play NCAA I, II, III, and MCLA levels.
Cell: (541) 797-3766
Dave Schultz ~ Varsity Assistant Coach
20232 will be Dave's 13th year at Summit HS. Dave played at Willamette University in Salem in the late 80s, and his interest in lacrosse was rekindled after a move to Bend in 2006. After a year of youth coaching, and another year of JV, Dave has been a part of the varsity coaching staff since 2009. He coached his son, Sam, Summit HS class of '12, for three years. His primary focus is working with the long poles on defense. As a certified HS lacrosse official, Dave also helps the team with new rules and interpretations from year to year.
Cell: (541) 788-8331
Andy Sabatier ~ Varsity Assistant Coach
Andy has been a part of the Summit coaching staff since 2013. He attended high school at The Gilman School in Baltimore, MD before playing 4 years at Auburn University where he earned two-time all conference honors and served as team captain. He continues to be an active member of Salt Shakers Lacrosse based in New York City. When not working as a physical therapist at the St Charles ICU, he can most often be found on a chairlift or a trail.
Cell: (541) 236-2313
Matt Wiest ~ Varsity Assistant Coach
Matt Wiest is an assistant varsity coach and the program's goalie coach. This will be his 6th season at Summit. He grew up in Portland Oregon where he attended OES and played goalie. He was a high school All American his senior year. He then played 4 years of varsity lacrosse at St. Mary’s College of Maryland. His current passion is creating a new generation of goalies in Central Oregon.
Cell: (503) 803-0671
Chris Crowder ~ JV Coach
Chris grew up on the East Coast and first learned the game in his home town of Baltimore. Graduated from Johns Hopkins in 1982. Played, coached and refereed at various levels since that time. Chris is very happy to be a part of Central Oregon Lax.
Cell: (203) 247-9041
Gary Falor ~ JV Assistant Coach
Rikley Buckingham ~ JV Assist. Coach
Graduated from Sunset High School in 2013 and was recruited to NCAA DIII Beloit College where he graduated in 2017. Was an assistant coach for Lax NW Rippers during the summer of 2014, assistant coach summer of 2017 for 3D Central OR, assistant coach Spring 2018 for 7th/8th grade Summit Storm Select, currently coaching for Thump Lacrosse Summer/Fall teams and Summit High School JV.