2021 Summit Girls Lacrosse Tryout Information
Tryouts for Summit Girls Lacrosse will be held April 5th thru 9th. Girls are expected to arrive on time and prepared.
· Wednesday (4/7): 6:30pm - 8:30pm @ Skyliner Green Field
· Thursday (4/8): 7:30pm - 9:30pm @ Pine Nursery Timbers East Field
· Friday(4/9): 6:00pm - 8:00pm @ Pine Nursery Timbers East Field
In order to tryout you must have:
- Paperwork filled out and submitted
- All eligibility information submitted (physical, grades, etc)
- Fees paid
- US Lacrosse membership current
Please bring: a mask, cleats, mouthguard, goggles, lacrosse stick, appropriate clothing, water and snack, and medical supplies (as needed) to all tryout sessions.
WE NEED TO KNOW AHEAD OF TIME OF ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS OF ANY PLAYERS.
Tryouts will include warm-ups, fitness testing, conditioning, lacrosse drills, and game play.
Players will be evaluated by the coaching staff in the following areas:
- Technical Ability - Stick Skills, Ground Balls, Defensive/Offensive Positioning/Shooting
- Field Awareness - Tactical Ability and execution on Offense, Mid, or Defense
- Attitude/Coachability - Ability to maintain a positive attitude, support peers and incorporate instruction/feedback
- Fitness Level - Speed, Agility, Stamina as it pertains to lacrosse play
Dependent on weather, turn-out, and competitiveness, we may extend the evaluation period another week before making Varsity/JV assignments to ensure a fair evaluation period for all players.